IA provides grant money to state and local educational agencies to meet
the needs of children who require additional help to learn.
The goal of Title IA is to provide instructional support to at-risk
children so that they may meet learning standards and become life-long,
self-directed learners. Title IA may provide additional teachers,
smaller support classes, parent activities and resources, professional
development for school staff, and other support services.
Download MSAD 75 Title IA Program brochure
Which MSAD 75 schools does Title IA serve?
qualify for Title IA funds based on the percentage of children who
qualify for the federal free and reduced lunch program. In MSAD 75,
four of our elementary schools are supported by Title IA funds: Bowdoin
Central School, Bowdoinham Community School, Harpswell Community School
and Woodside Elementary School.
Schools supported by Title IA:
How can I find out more?
the students at their school who need the most educational assistance
based on the criteria that school has chosen. Students do NOT have to
be from low income families to receive Title IA services.
- Set goals for improving the skills of identified students at their school.
- Develop programs for each individual student in order to support/supplement regular classroom instruction.
- Measure student progress to determine the success of the Title IA programming for each student.
Please contact Daniel Chuhta, Assistant Superintendent of Schools at (207) 729-9961 or email@example.com.
If your child attends one of the schools supported by Title IA (see
above), you may also wish to contact the building principal.
National PTA's Guides to Student Success
Click on a grade level:
National PTA® created the guides for grades K-8. The Guides include:
- Key items that children should be learning in English languarge arts and mathematics
- Acitivities that parents can do at home to support their child's learning
- Methods for helping parents build strong relationships with their child's teacher
Maine Department of Education
NCLB Title IA Program