Evaluation Goal Setting: July/ August/September
- In July the School Board will set its annual goals.
- In executive session the School Board and Superintendent discuss his/her upcoming year’s personal and/or professional goals and objectives. The Superintendent’s goals and objectives are to be based on the School Board’s annual goals and input gathered from the Organization Leadership Committee’s (OLC) August retreat. All goals are to be measurable.
- The Superintendent presents his preliminary goals (between 3 and 6) with associated completion dates to the Superintendent Evaluation Committee (SEC).
- Based on all provided input the SEC creates the final draft of the Superintendent’s performance goals to present to the entire School Board.
- The SEC presents the finalized performance goals with associated target dates to the School Board and Superintendent at its next scheduled School Board meeting confirming understanding of the evaluation process, goals and instruments.
Mid-Year performance/evaluation Review – January
In an executive session:
- The Superintendent reports on the progress and his/her evidence of work on each of his/her personal and/or professional goals and objectives.
- Performance discussion between School Board and Superintendent to strategize and discuss unexpected challenges.
- School Board decides if a midyear 360-performance feedback survey is to be conducted. If so, the feedback forms will be completed by the School Board, OLC and Superintendent’s Administrative Assistant.
Collecting Performance Data – May
- Superintendent’s written self-assessment of personal and/or professional goals and objectives.
- The Human Resources Director administers a 360 performance feedback surveys. The feedback forms will be completed by the School Board, OLC and Superintendent’s Administrative Assistant.
- State/County superintendent compensation data collected
Final Evaluation- June
- In an executive session; The School Board, with the Superintendent, reviews and discusses the Superintendent’s self-evaluation; evidence of progress on personal and/or professional goals and objectives and the data gathered through the 360 feedback surveys. After all data is presented and reviewed the School Board will then meet separately without the superintendent to discuss his performance. The SEC chair will facilitate the session.
- Based on the above executive session review and discussion the SEC completes the summative performance evaluation (Exhibit A – Summative Performance Evaluation form) from which will include a recommended salary and contract length.
- In executive session, to include the Superintendent, the SEC presents to the full School Board the completed Summative Performance Evaluation, recommends his/her employment contract period and wage adjustment commensurate with the Superintendent’s performance level.
- The employment contract period and annual wage are approved at the last School Board meeting in June.
FIRST REVIEW: June 26, 2014
SECOND REVIEW: July 10, 2014